It’s finally time to say ‘Hello’ to Google’s new Nest product the Hello Wifi Doorbell.
Nest Hello Doorbell was first announced in September 2017 along with a range of smart home products. Its follows the success of the very successful and now Amazon owned Ring Wifi Doorbell.
Spec wise the Nest Hello Doorbell packs a punch:
- HD Video – 3-megapixels
- Wide view – 160 degree field of vision with 4:3 ratio
- HD Talk and listen – basically two way audio
- Person detection – preventing false alerts from cats or clouds
- Facial recognition – subscription required
- Quick Responses – these are pre-recorded replies you can set in the app
- Slimline unit – 117 x 43 x 26mm
In true tech style Nest Hello has already been released in the USA. The UK release date is still TBC however based on previous Nest releases we expect it to be very soon.
Nest Hello costs $229 so we expect a UK price of £150-£170.
We look forward to testing and comparing Nest to Ring as soon as we can! In the meantime here is Nest hello vs ring looking at the specs.
Watch this space for more updates.